Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Monday, July 16, 2007

Still kickin'

Well, actually, it's been considerably too hot lately to do much unnecessary activity. But I could kick if I wanted to. Really, I could.

I am now approved to go to the prison and leave without the assistance of a judge or a very long delay. It strikes me that if you don't want to go to prison, yet they want you there, they make it very, very easy to end up inside. But if you actually want to go into the prison (without involving some sort of legal unpleasantness), it's a ridiculous process. But I now have all the paperwork filed, have been told that it's a very bad idea to rape the inmates or let them rape each other, and been orientated -- so now, I just have to wait until next month for the new list of approved people to come out so I can go assist in the prison ministry.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Poppasan said...

One of my former neighbors (not in Lynchburg) got approved to go to prison, and it wasn't really that hard. All he had to do was something you might call "companion planting." OTOH I think he had even more paperwork than you did, and my guess is you didn't even have to hire a lawyer! :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Minister said...

lol!

Nope, no lawyer -- just months of waiting, a pile of paperwork, apparently all sorts of background checks to make sure I didn't actually belong in there (I guess they'll only let you in if you don't really belong -- there's got to be a cool metaphor there somewhere), and an orientation so painfully boring, it made me wonder if they're secretly torturing the prisoners with things like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker