Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Busy? Pshaw!

Okay, remember what I said about being busy as the new head pastor? Ain't changed. I was horrified to stop in here and realize that it's been nearly a week since I last posted anything. This post will be very random, I think.

Let's see. Shortly after that last post, a 95-year-old woman from the church passed away. We had her funeral on Monday. I don't know if I've ever seen so much family at a funeral; apparently her bloodlines are both prolific and long-lived. It was an easy funeral; I think all of the immediate family are professing Christians, and there is no doubt in anyone's mind where that lady is now.

By way of a rant, I'm really getting fed up with trying to get high-speed internet at the church. The dialup we're using right now is utterly inadequate. But Time-Warner wants $1500-2000 just to install their service (apparently they would have to burrow under the parking lot to get to the power box), and then another $80/month (when I wouldn't be using it for anything more than I already do from my home office). The local telephone company (AT&T or Bellsouth, depending on who bought out who this week) says on both websites that DSL service is not available at that location (this in spite of the fact that probably fewer than a half-dozen doors down, the Gibbs have it in their house). Satellite not only costs hundreds to install, but will also want high monthly rates. Argh.

On the upside, we continue to see people making professions of faith at an astonishing rate. We are up close to 50 now in fewer days than that, I believe. There are some young men in the church who have become really enthusiastic about it, and the Lord seems to be working. I just hope that those who have made professions won't fall by the wayside, but will make decisions to live for Christ.

We're also working to procure a decent van for the church. Speaking of which, I need to get some more info (among a small page-long list of other things to do). Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker