Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blueberry bash

Where was I Saturday instead of on bus visitation (where, thankfully, I'm less a necessity now that we have those new men in the church helping out)?
In the morning, I attended Burgaw's Blueberry Pancake Breakfast. I was shocked to find that I was the only newspaper person there taking pictures. The event is a fundraiser for the enormous Blueberry Festival here in June. As fundraisers go, this one was mighty nice -- $5 for all you could eat (if you wanted to wait in line for another trip through) blueberry pancakes, locally produced sausage, etc. And they didn't make long, boring speeches or anything -- you just got your food and left, or hung around and ate. My wife and daughter hung out with one of my co-workers (there just for the fun of it rather than on business) while I trotted around and took pictures of the police chief and captain cooking pancakes and little kids eating blueberry pancakes smeared with blueberry sauce (and by the time they were done eating, it was the kids smeared with blueberry sauce.)


Looks like my daughter enjoyed herself, too. Note the impact of blueberries on tongue color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker