Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Another day, and night, and day done

Well, it's only 5 p.m., but as far as I'm concerned, the day is pretty much done. I may blog a little or something, but I'm warning all now that I cannot be held responsible for what I may or may not say. I trust the insanity is temporary.

Yesterday I started working here at the house at about 9 a.m. (I can sort through pictures much more quickly here than in the office, due to the foul nature of the Macs that infest the newspaper office.)

When I finished with the pics, I headed into the office, and scarcely looked back. Aside from a stop or two to grab things from the house, I was gone until 6 this morning, writing and covering various things. I lost count of how many things I wrote, and I'm sure some of them were pure refuse (the owner and editor agreed -- when I came in this morning, they had me write another editorial that didn't actually attack the media in general. I tell you, I shouldn't be held accountable for my actions past 2 a.m. or on less than six hours of sleep.)

I got back up this morning and was at the Burgaw town board meeting at about 9 a.m., and went from there straight to the office. I just got home. For anyone who is awake enough to check my math, I think that's 21 hours of work yesterday, followed by about two hours of sleep, then a little over seven today. Isn't that sort of thing like, you know, military special forces training or something? I wonder if they tell my sister about this in her Intro to Journalism class. "Yes, class, for our quiz this week, we will be participating in the Navy SEALS training exercise in the bay. Instead of mere bullets like those military boys train with, we'll be slinging around the real thing -- potential lawsuits! Those who survive the sleep deprivation verbal combat exercise will have earned the right to be chewed out by both sides in the community for favoring the other."

Must remember. I love my "part-time" job. Actually, I do.

Anyhow, I'll drop back by later and maybe post a few pics and anecdotes from the crazy and fun stuff over the last few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker