Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hallelujah!

Yesterday started pretty well. The bus crews look like they're back on track, for the time being, at least.

I got music squared away at the church while they visited, and got some prep work done for my premarital counseling session in the afternoon.

Then Pastor Gibbs and I headed over to the Pender County Jail (due to a funeral Friday afternoon, he and I weren't able to go at our regular time). There the Lord allowed me to lead a 17-year-old young man named Robert to the Lord! It seemed genuine, that he was really ready for a change in his life. Of course, the real test will come when he gets out.

But the day only got better, monumentally better, even. After the counseling session, I was working on my Sunday School lesson when my daughter came in to talk with me.

She had questions about her heart being black and when Jesus was going to come into her heart. I talked with her for a good little bit; we've had lots of opportunities to pray with her about getting saved, but I haven't been convinced that she understands. We didn't just want her parroting some words -- we wanted her to understand that she is a sinner, that Jesus is God's Son, that He died for her sins, and that all she has to do to have a relationship with God and go to heaven is trust in Jesus. After talking with her for a while yesterday, I was convinced that she understood. I led her in a prayer, and she trusted Christ!

Her face was simply radiant. She had a huge smile that lasted all night (and is still flashing from time to time this morning). She called her grandmas to tell them, and wants to tell all her friends that she got saved. Praise the Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker