Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Day off

I had actually forgotten what a day off felt like. My wife mentioned to me today that yesterday was the first day in...neither one of us could remember how long it has been since I had a day with absolutely no demands from a job, or something. But now that I'm no longer trying to work for both the newspaper and the church, I should be able to pretty much take Mondays off, like normal people do with Saturdays, or something.

So we went strawberry picking, went to the mall and got new cell phones (I have to turn back in the work phone at some point; the paper has been gracious to let me keep it this long.)

Just normal stuff -- going someplace for a little bit with my family, watching an episode of an old TV show on DVD, picking up some dress shirts and cell phones from the mall. And it was really nice -- we haven't been able to really spend a whole day as a family for entirely too long.

When we walked by the bookstore at the mall, we saw that they were having a going-out-of-business sale, with everything 40% off. The books were clearly desperate. They dragged us right in there. We fought hard, and managed to escape with only a half-dozen or so books clinging to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker