Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flashing again

Woowee! Do to the hecticness of my schedule, it has literally been months since I wrote something a) I wasn't being paid to write and b) fictional and fun.

This weekend, I finally got back into a Liberty Hall flash challenge. The story was terrible; I wasn't even close to finishing it when time ran out, so I just had to slap something on and submit it right under the wire. Nonetheless, it appears to be doing okay in the category voting (things like best hook, dialogue, setting, and whatnot), while being deservedly spanked in the overall voting by a story that actually makes sense as a whole.

I'm rusty, but it sure was nice to be writing again. My wife tells me I'm supposed to be taking a little time each week to write and to practice piano. Both are in pretty bad shape these days. We'll see -- I'd like to think that with the degree of control I have over my schedule that it won't be impossible to at least stop losing ground in both areas.

In any case, it sure was fun to write again.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger mikemunsil said...

About time you got back to writing! How can you minister to others if you cannot minister to yourself?

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Minister said...

*chuckles* Amen, preach it, brother!

I was so inspired that I came back for Flash 100. I need to blog about that too, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker