Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Dad's in heaven

I just got word from my mom a little while ago that my father passed away this afternoon. She insists there is nothing we can do there right now, so I should do my preaching tomorrow, write for the paper Monday, and head up to VA on Tuesday.

Those of the praying persuasion, if you could keep our family, particularly my siblings, in your prayers, I'd appreciate it.

I'm not sure exactly when I'll be back. Probably Friday or Saturday. I feel a little bad about the strain this puts on the pastor here and the newspaper (I've never been this unreliable in my life!) But sometimes, family has to come before any other group of people.

Fortunately, all six of his children had the opportunity to see him in the week or two before he died, and we know he is a believer and therefore in heaven.

6 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, Minister. My condolences to you and the family.

--Kurt (Isaiah)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Mel, Foxtail Farm said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Dan. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

--Mel

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Dan. I'm thankful that you got to see him before he passed on.

I'll keep your family in my prayers.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Minister said...

Thanks to all of you. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I'll have to post a bit about him here when I get the chance.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Guerry said...

Just happened to click over here from one of you LH comments. Sorry to hear about your Father. Even with faith and the surety and peace that comes with it, it's never easy having a loved one pass on. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all.

--gsemones

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Minister said...

Thanks, gsemones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker