Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ugh.

This virus that has been hounding the people of our fair county has finally caught up with me. No fun (although I honestly don't think I've got it as bad so far as some people have).

I feel even worse, though, because this is only about the second time Pastor Gibbs has left for a conference since I've been here -- and it's the first time I've been possibly too sick to go to church (much less preach). At least there's another man in the church who is a preacher and in town.

Everyone (being defined as my wife and the fellow from the church I've talked with most) is telling me not to go, but I feel silly staying home if I'm physically capable of standing up and stringing words together. They keep saying something about no one else wanting this stuff. I guess I can understand that. But I don't have to like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker