Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Back on the ranch

I suppose it would be more accurate to say we're back from the ranch, since my parents' place in Virginia is much more like a ranch than our house here. Either way, we got back into Burgaw late last night.

My dad got the feeding tube in successfully, and they've started him on antibiotics for the pneumonia; he sounded much better than the last time I talked to him on the phone. I'll have to see if I can catch up with him some time today.

It's starting to seem like everyone is sick right now, though. My daughter woke us up at some awful hour of the morning today with a fever and vomiting. My wife stayed home from church with her this morning, although by the time I left, Chatterbox was practically back in full swing, in spite of the slight fever. We may take her to church tonight, since she insists she's better (keeping her distant from other folk -- although it seems like the whole church has already had it or currently has it).

We were missing a ridiculous number of people this morning; couldn't even have choir, we were missing so many, and teachers for both children's churches and my first choice substitute were all out. Fortunately, we had three visiting families and a couple of other families and people returning from illness that brought us back into the range of normal attendance numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker