Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2005


Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope your holiday has been a happy one. I hope you've had a chance to reflect on the meaning of what lies behind the wrapping paper and the fruitcakes (and I mean that in both senses of the word!) Paul Funchess preached this morning, and he suggested that the meaning of Christmas wasn't even in the birth of Christ -- it is in the reason for the birth of Christ. "Unto YOU is born this day..." -- we are the reason for Christ coming to earth, and the reason for Christmas. "For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." I'm glad He came for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker