Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Liberty Hall win

Well, this is nice. Last week, I participated in the Liberty Hall flash challenge again, and my story wound up in a tough, tough group. Although I thought the story was pretty decent, it wound up not winning in the voting for anything. That's a bit of a letdown, of course, given my hyper-competitive nature.

This week, I competed again, writing a science fiction story that is a bit of a homage to an old favorite novel of mine, Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Complete turnaround in the voting. The story won the week's contest, along with almost all of the individual categories. Woo-hoo! (Sorry, it's that hyper-competitive nature coming through again.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker