Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pics from the aquarium

Let's see if I've got this figured out. If so, here's a few pics from our visit to the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher.

My daughter and the fish aren't really in agreement about who's the exhibit, I think.



Perhaps the nicest thing about going at a really slow time was being able to spend time with knowledgeable workers who would take a few minutes to tell us cool stuff. Here my wife and daughter get to horse around with a horseshoe crab after being assured that it really didn't come from Mars, in spite of its appearance, and it really can't shred your hand in under two seconds, in spite of its appearance.


This hammerhead shark really has not much to do with anything, but I thought it was cool. I'm SO going to miss this camera when I'm done with the newspaper.




I got much better pics of this trigger fish without the reflection issues. But I liked this one.


I like the way blogger has this set up now -- just upload pics straight to the blog. I don't know what the size limit here is, and that was a problem with msnspaces, but until I start pushing it, I guess I don't have to worry about it. I'll have to pop back in later and post some cool ones from the historical stuff out at Fort Fisher the other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker