Minister's Study

Ministering, writing, and wrestling in a land flowing with sweet tea and deep-fried food

Thursday, June 08, 2006

We've been called out.

Out of Staten Island and into Burgaw, North Carolina. Bible Baptist Church had their vote last night. They voted to call me to be the assistant pastor, with a unanimous secret ballot vote. Well, there was one ballot with a question mark on it, but I figure if there's only one confused person in a church at a business meeting, it's really doing very well. I assume this is just a person who didn't get to meet us when we were there. Otherwise, they would have voted "No!" Of course, I jest. We seemed to hit it off really well with the folk there, and vice versa. Oh, and they voted to take us on at double what I had thought possible; I'll still have to work, but it will take some pressure off and really help with housing.

My wife is now very excited. And nervous.

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Mel, Foxtail Farm said...

Congratulations and good luck with the move!

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Poppasan said...

It'll be good to be closer to family, I'm sure. However, I have to warn you, the sushi bars in Burgaw, NC, just aren't up to par with those in Manhattan. Sacrifices.

Drop by when you come through -- or on some later visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker